[ZODB-Dev] ZODB: invalidations out of order

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Sep 21 17:27:16 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, I haven't seen any BTree issues yet. Is there anything that
> would trigger this? We are running a 64 bit platform.

Before this BTree fix, you could store integers in an IxThingy (or
xIThingy) that were too large to fit in a 32-bit C variable. This
would cause the values to overflow and be silently stored incorrectly.
With the fix, a TypeError is raised when an attempt is made to store a
value that is too large.

Whether this fix will adversely affect your application, I don't know.
Hanno seems to think it will. :) Avoiding silently storing values
incorrectly looks all good to me.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton