[ZODB-Dev] Windows/ZODB Tests Passing

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Sep 28 09:50:25 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:12 AM, Adam GROSZER <agroszer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Alan,
>
> They pass since the summit, when Jim fixed the windows failures.
>
> http://winbot.zope.org/builders

Actually, they passed since I fixed a couple of ZEO cache management
bugs on August 30 and September 7.  What's interesting is that these
weren't windows related, but rather due to race conditions that
Windows tends to be good at finding.

Also interesting is that the test that stopped failing on Windows kept
failing (through less dramatically) on an odd-ball linux buildbot here
at ZC finally leading to finding and fixing a very subtle error
yesterday, involving a race condition on the server that led to
invalid cache data on clients.  The test only failed when this
buildbot ran it. If I logged into the buildbot machine, and ran the
test manually, it passed.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton