[ZODB-Dev] Using demostorage + blobs with ZEO

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Oct 17 09:22:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Malthe Borch <mborch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> According to source code comments, a demo storage will support blobs
> if the underlying storage does. But I find that it's impossible to
> wrap a <zeoclient> in a demo storage and have it working.
>
> Am I doing something wrong – or, if it's not supported, would it be
> difficult to do so and is anyone interested in helping out on this?

To expand a little on Zvezdan's response, the base storage
used with a DemoStorage must be unchanging.  A client storage
against a changing database won't work, even if the client
is read only.  To get around this, we typically use a before storage,
which freezes the client storage at a point in time.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton