[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage 1.5.1 and persistent 4.0.5+ Incompatible (patch)

jason.madden at nextthought.com jason.madden at nextthought.com
Thu Mar 7 17:48:20 UTC 2013

On Mar 7, 2013, at 11:35, Sean Upton <sdupton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM,  <jason.madden at nextthought.com> wrote:
>> I only spotted two uses of this assumption in RelStrorage, the above-mentioned `_prepare_tid`, plus `pack`. The following simple patch to change those places to use `raw` makes our own internal tests (python2.7, MySQL) pass.
>
> Why not fork https://github.com/zodb/relstorage and submit a pull request?

Because I didn't realize that repository existed :) I will do so, thanks.

On that note, though, the PyPI page still links to the SVN repository at http://svn.zope.org/relstorage/trunk/ (which is also what comes up in a Google search), and that repository still has all its contents; it's missing the 'MOVED_TO_GITHUB' file that's commonly there when the project has been moved (e.g., [1]). With a bit of searching I found the announcement on this list that development had been moved[2], but to a first glance it looks like SVN is still the place to be. If the move is complete, maybe it would be good to replace the SVN contents with the MOVED_TO_GITHUB pointer?

Jason

[1] http://svn.zope.org/zope.keyreference/trunk/
[2] https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2012-September/014763.html