[ZODB-Dev] Cache warm up time

Vincent Pelletier vincent at nexedi.com
Mon Mar 11 09:08:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 20:33:44 +0200,
Roché Compaan <roche at upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote :
> A very simple alternative to prefetching would be to load the whole DB
> into memory indiscriminately, if it is configured to do so. This way,
> you can store your catalog in a separate db and request all of it from
> the ZEO server and cache it straight away.

Splitting thee database may not be a good idea. Especially if you care
about backup and expect databases to be globally consistent (not just
per-database consistent) after a restore.

I wrote a daemon[1] to overcome this problem by tracking which
transactions are committing to try to find points at which
databases are globally consistent. It does its job so far, but
beware: it won't resist malicious usage (trivial to DoS).

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.TIDStorage
--
Vincent Pelletier
ERP5 - open source ERP/CRM for flexible enterprises