[Zope-Annce] ANNOUNCE: ZRTChat 0.2.0

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 03:30:58 +0000

Announcing 0.2.0 version of HTML ('Realtime') Chat for Zope (ZRTChat).

There are minor incompatibilities with the old versions, so don't
install it if you have a previous version chat in progress.  The big
incompatibility difference is that instance variables were renamed
because variable names like 'user' and 'message' are too popular and
acquire too easily in unexpected ways.

Major Changes:
The user controls were moved off the message pane and into their own
frame, so they don't get reloaded with every refresh.
There is now an icon for the messages in the contents page.
Users may choose to see 5 or 10 messages in addition to the previous 25,
50, 75, and 'all'.
Viewing the messages in reverse order is now user-selectable.
Submitting a message refreshes the chat pane immediately; no need to
push 'refresh' to see if it went out.

I think there are a couple of other things, so look at the changes page.

Still no java/javascript.
Still the same Marilyn Monroe grin icon.

It is available at: http://www.zope.org/Members/jwashin/ZRTChat

And please let me know if you have trouble with it or want it to work
differently.  I can't fix it if I don't know if it's broken.

Regards,

-- Jim Washington