[Zope-Annce] Cataloging in Japanese!

Brian Takashi Hooper brian@garage.co.jp
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 21:25:54 +0900

Hi there,

I don't know how many people care about this, but...!

JSplitter provides a replacement for the word Splitter that ZCatalog
uses, allowing ZCatalog to do full text search of Japanese. JSplitter
uses the freely available ChaSen library to do morphological analysis on
Japanese text, which informs the breaking of the text into words
(Japanese words are not normally delimited by spaces).

In making this module I also ExtensionClass-ified the Splitter;
JSplitter is implemented as a subclass of the regular Splitter...

Get it here: http://www.zope.org/Members/brianh/JSplitter

Feedback, comments, etc. welcomed!

--Brian Hooper
Digital Garage, Inc.