[Zope-Annce] ZRTChat-0.3.0 - the Python version

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:22:09 -0400

In a possibly futile attempt to improve my zope zen, I have reversioned
ZRTChat as a Python product based on Boring, making this probably one of
the first products to go from folders and DTML Methods to ZClasses to
Python.

Special thanks to Shane for the 'refresh' tab
(http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/Refresh) and Evan for packProduct
(http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/packProduct).

There are few changes from 0.2.0, so it might be an interesting exercise
for new people to compare 0.2.0 in ZClasses and 0.3.0 in Python to see
what the difference is.

Or not.

What has changed functionally:
  A somewhat nicer Properties page
  Select all, Clear all on the Contents page
  Edit box now clears on submit. (yay!)
The last two use just a wafer-thin bit of javascript, so the product is
no longer javascript-free.  I am thinking of using more javascript and
addition of css for the future.

The obligatory link: http://www.zope.org/Members/jwashin/ZRTChat

--

Jim Washington
Center for Assessment, Evaluation and Educational Programming