[Zope-Annce] [ANNOUNCEMENT] MySQLdb-0.1.3 released

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:03:30 -0500 (EST)

MySQLdb-0.1.3 has been released. You can find it at:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/adustman

Amazingly, MySQLdb-0.1.2 is the most-clicked item in the Vaults of
Parnassus, beating out more interesting things like Numerical Python,
wxWindows, Gadfly, and Zope (I'm touched :):

    http://www.vex.net/parnassus/

What's changed:

- Core dump on exit under certain conditions (probably only when
  using executeXXX() on dictionaries) seems to be fixed.

- cursor.fetchXXXDict() methods added for backwards-compatibility with
  MySQLmodule (plus some people think it's cool to have).

Zope smokers: You _probably_ don't need this upgrade, either; I don't
think the bug ever affected the ZMySQLDA (it was in a function not used by
ZMySQLDA), and the new fetchXXXDict() stuff seems unlikely to be used by
it. Although, it's got me thinking about adding a describe_Zope() method
that returns the items dictionary that gets built up; that might provide a
modest improvement in speed. Let me know if you use this and think you
need more speed; would help most on queries with many columns and few
rows. But, I don't really want to maintain ZMySQLDA, as I don't really
have time to be a hard-core Zope smoker; hopefully Mike P. or someone at
DC will incorporate this as a separate release of ZMySQLDA (maybe v2?)

Thanks to Elliot Lee who originally pointed out the core dump bug, and
Scott Parish who helped me test the fix out.

Author: Andy Dustman <adustman@comstar.net>
License: Python-style

<P><A HREF="http://starship.python.net/crew/adustman/MySQLdb.html">MySQLdb
0.1.3</A> - interface to MySQL-3.22 (08-Mar-2000)

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d