[Zope-Annce] Zope and InterBase

Markus Kemper mkemper@inprise.com
Fri, 05 May 2000 10:13:11 -0700

 Dear Zope Community,

 My apologies in that this is not directly a 'Zope' announcement
 but, I could not find a more appropriate list to post to.  If
 there is one please guide me to it.

 I would like to share with you all our latest news in that we
 are taking InterBase 6.0 open source under the IPL (a MPL
 derivative).  Our draft can be viewed at:

  http://www.interbase.com/IPL.html

 We expect InterBase 6.0 and the source to be officially released
 in the June or July time frame.  Currently, the InterBase 6.0
 beta for Linux, Solaris and Windows is available for download
 from our new site at:

  http://www.interbase.com/

 We have been receiving a lot of requests for support of InterBase
 with Zope and Python.  We would very much like to assist in this
 effort if we can.  InterBase would be delighted to see full product
 support via Python and Zope.  I believe that there exists an
 adaptor, python database module (at www.python.org) for interbase
 (Kinterbasdb 0.2, written by Alexander Kuznetsov.

 Again, if we can be of help in this effort we would like to do
 what we can to assist.  Please visit our new site and let us know
 what you think.

 Kind regards,

 Markus Kemper
 InterBase Software