[Zope-Annce] Zope Weekly News for November 1st, 2000

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 00:02:24 -0500

Something about those python guys,
put your writes in a "Lock Box",
Brazil and Netherlands in XML tryst,
Petrilli digs to the Dublin Core,
Davis wants a quick fix,
and is there a Doc in the house?

The opinions expressed in Zope Weekly news are solely the authors',
and not the opinions of Digital Creations, The Zope Community
at-large, or the Spanish Inquisition.

If you or your company are doing something cool with zope,
"submit it to the Zope Weekly News",
   mailto:zope-web@zope.org
for possible inclusion.

And Now For Something Completely Different:

---

Zope Status

  by Brian Lloyd

Summary

  Big News in Zopeland

Recent News

  As most of you probably already know, Digital Creations is
  proud to welcome the Python Labs group to our team! You can
  "read Guido's announcement",

  http://deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=686714305

  Last week saw more progress on Jeffrey Shell's "Write Locking"
  project to support DAV-aware Web tools that require DAV locking
  support on the server.

  HiperLogica and Martijn Pieters are moving the HiperDom project
  forward. Zopistas interested in this project to add XMLC-like
  templating to Zope should visit the new HiperDom development home
  now, while the requirements are being formalized, and
  "get their licks in",

  http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/HiperDom/FrontPage

  Chris Petrilli has added a proposal to add standard metadata to
  Zope objects. "Read the proposal",

  http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/StandardMetadata

  Adam Davis has added a proposal for several "quick fixes" that we
  could make to the Zope management interface in the 2.3 release
timeframe
  to "improve productivity",

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/ManagementInterfaceQuickFix

Near Future

  Expect a 2.2.3 release in the next week the contains fixes for
  all Hotfix bugs to date and a number of collector fixes.
  Work will also be proceeding on several of the items
  on the Zope 2.3 plan (which is available on dev.zope.org).

  We will also be working on applying some better organization
  to dev.zope.org to make it easier to find what you are looking
  for and to get "at a glance" status for various projects and
  proposals.

---

Zope Web

  -- by Ethan Fremen

 Mission Quite Improbable

  I am still engaged in a stealth mission.

 Documentation Overview

  The layout for the Documentation Overviews is done.
  We're going to be delivering the completed versions
  by the end of next week.

-EOT-