[Zope-Annce] ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.2.4 beta 1 released...

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:07:52 -0500

Hello all -

  Zope 2.2.4 beta 1 has been released - you can download it
  from Zope.org:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.2.4b1/

  This release supercedes the 2.2.3 release of Friday, which
  had an error that prevented permissions from being acquired
  correctly. Until the testing infrastructure that has been
  started in the 2.3 CVS is more mature and there is a useful
  regression test rig, we'll be planning for at least one (short)
  beta period for third-dot releases. I expect to make 2.2.4
  final in a week barring any serious problems.

  This bug-fix release contains the fixes for all released
  Hotfixes to date, as well as fixes for a memory leak in
  the Acquisition module, various ZCatalog fixes and a fix
  for the infamous "__call__" bug (and there was much
  rejoicing!).

  For more information on what is new in this release, see the
  CHANGES.txt and HISTORY.txt files for the release:

     http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.2.4b1/CHANGES.txt

     http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.2.4b1/HISTORY.txt

  Note that we have also posted "diff" updates as .tgz files
  that will let you easily upgrade an existing 2.2.x site.
  These updates are available for those currently using the
  2.2.x source release or the 2.2.x binary releases.

  To apply a differential update to your site:

  - download the appropriate .tgz file from zope.org

  - shutdown your Zope process

  - copy the .tgz to your Zope directory and extract it

  - run w_pcgi or wo_pcgi *if you are not using a binary release*

  - restart your process

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909