[Zope-Annce] CVS Migration Reminder

klm@digicool.com klm@digicool.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:24:22 -0400 (EDT)

This is a reminder about the impending changeover of the Zope public
CVS repository, tomorrow, July 12, 2001, from 2:00 to 6:00 PM EST.

During the changeover access to all sections of the repository will be
disabled - including eg the CMF and StandaloneZODB sections, as well
as the Zope2 section.

When the repository comes back, the old Zope2 section will be
deprecated - it will remain around, but will not track ongoing zope
development.  Development will instead be applied to a top level
'Zope' module.  Once we've established that the module is all ok, and
word has propagated, we will be moving the Zope2 section out of the
way, to reduce mistaken use of it as the current version.

For those of you following development via CVS, you should switch over
to a checkout of the new Zope module instead of your current Zope2
checkouts.  Such a checkout will look, after tomorrow, like::

  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository checkout Zope

(For more complete instructions, see
http://www.zope.org/Resources/CVS_info#publiccvs - we'll be updating
them once we make the changeover.)

See:

- http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZopeCVSMigration/CurrentStatus
  for current status of the project.

- http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZopeCVSMigration/Announcement9July01
  for a prior announcement.

The actual changeover is still contingent to some uncertain outside
factors.  At this point, it looks like everything is go.  I'll be
posting again tomorrow, before the shutdown, with final status.

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com