[Zope-Annce] MetaPublisher 1.2.3 is now available

Mark Pratt mpratt@beehive.de
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:02:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

you can now download MetaPublisher 1.2.3 via this URL:

http://www.zope.org/Members/beehive/MetaPublisher123.html/index_html

If your new to MetaPublisher you might not realise
that MetaPublisher was designed to be "pluggable" --
extensible via plug-in interfaces such as "Field Types"
and "Presets".

In addition to a few minor fixes this version of
MetaPublisher includes an extended Image Field Type and
1 new Preset.

Previous versions of MetaPublisher have included basic
Field Types such as Text, Text Area, Email and Image.
With the 1.2.x releases we've modified the Image Field Type
-- which if you have the Python Image Library (PIL)
installed will automatically generate thumbnails for you.

Complementing the Image Field type is the PhotoAlbum preset.
MetaPublisher allows you to save everything you have built
with MetaPublisher as a preset. Presets can be complex,
powerful applications which you would normally only find
as a seperate Zope Product or application. Try out the new
PhotoAlbum preset and we think you'll quickly appreciate
this unique MP feature.

Here's a summary of changes:

Major changes

- you can now write Content Entries to the Interface
- new and improved Image FieldType
- new PhotoAlbum Preset

Minor Changes

- header and footer editable for Interface Entries
- Zope 2.3.x compatibility
- several bug fixes

mark pratt  (managing director) 	mark@beehive.de
beehive elektronische medien GmbH       http://www.beehive.de
phone: +49 30 847-82 0                  fax: +49 30 847-82 299