[Zope-Annce] zQuest 1.0.0 beta 2 released

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 02:42:39 -0500

Hello everyone,

it is almost a year now since I released ZQuest 1.0.0 beta 1 (October
2000), but the project is not dead (since I still try to graduate <grin>).
In the last two weeks I updated zQuest to the latest, just released,
DBObjects version. I also implemented the last missing features and started
moving towards a stable version.
But enough said. Since it would be too long to list all features in this
mail, I would like to point you to these URLs:

Zope.org Download: http://www.zope.org/Members/srichter/Products/ZQuest
iuveno product page: http://demo.iuveno-net.de/iuveno/Products/ZQuest
zQuest Demo: http://photon.cbu.edu:8080/ZQuest/Instances/Demo/index_html
(demo/demo)
zQuest Features: http://demo.iuveno-net.de/iuveno/Products/ZQuest/Features
zQuest Screenshots:
http://demo.iuveno-net.de/iuveno/Products/ZQuest/Screenshots
zQuest Installation Instructions and Download:
http://demo.iuveno-net.de/iuveno/Products/ZQuest/Download

In case you get frustrated, since you do not know the API yet or all of
this is confusing, then please be patient, the documentation is coming! (If
you can't wait, just contact me. ;-) )

I also worked on a release plan. In order to be successful here, I would
love to get some beta testers. You can either use the demo installation or
download your own. I would need your help between September 10-23.

*** Release Plan ***

- September 7, 2001 - Feature Freeze. Moving toward first stable release.
- September 8, 2001 - Installer Version.
- September 9, 2001 - ZQuest Version 1.0.0 Beta 2.
- September 10-16, 2001 - Testing and further Betas.
- September 16, 2001 - ZQuest Version 1.0.0 RC 1.
- September 16-23, 2001 - Testing and further Release Candidates.
- September 24, 2001 - ZQuest Version 1.0.0.
- September 24-26, 2001 - Write ZQuest Manual

As always, please feel free to send me any sort of message expressing your
opinions, good or bad!

Regards,
Stephan

--