[Zope-Annce] PyWebPerf: a web performance tool

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:11:38 +1000

=================================
PyWebPerf: a web performance tool
=================================

I'm happy to announce (at long last) that I've released version 1.0.0rc1 of my
web performance tool. Documentation is fairly thin on the ground, but then
the tool itself is pretty trivial to use.

The sourceforge project is at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywebperf/

with the download at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=55210&release_id=107507

The bundled README explains installation and usage. It's short, but then the
tool is pretty simple to use :)

About PyWebPerf

Written in 100% Python, tt does a fair job of emulating a web browser
(including threads, redirects, image/stylesheet loading, all with cookie
handling). You can control the number of threads, the number of times to
repeat the test, basic authentication parameters, and the level of verbosity
(at the most verbose, it lists times for all components of a page).

    Richard    (http://mechanicalcat.net/tech/)