[Zope-Annce] LocalPageCache0-0-1

Ed Colmar ed@greengraphics.net
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:28:44 -0800

Hey everyone!

I just uploaded the code (in development) for the web agent project I have
been working on.  It is here:

http://www.zope.org/Members/element/LocalPageCache

Essentially what it does is loads web pages and images locally, and rewrites
all the URIs to point back to itself.  Can be used to route around sites
that are blocked or restricted, or in future releases put in a public
environment to provide anonymous browsing access.  Similar in concept to:
www.anonymizer.com

It is stable, but still gets confused by some wierd relative URLS.  It also
needs some kind of session control so that files that are in use don't get
erased.

Big thanks to Thomas B. Passin for help and code for string.split

Any help, suggestions, or critiques welcome!

-ed