[Zope-Annce] Zope.org operations and more...

Rob Page rob.page at zope.com
Thu Dec 11 16:51:03 EST 2003

Hello everyone:

We have done a fair bit of work in the last few weeks to
address some of the community's recent concerns.  In summary
we've taken (or about to take) the following steps:

 - organized ourselves internally to start the process of
   involving the community in the ongoing development,
   operations and maintenance of Zope.org.

   You can find details on this effort at:

       - http://www.zope.org/About

   Related to this are two new documents explaining the
   site's service terms and privacy policy:

       - http://www.zope.org/TOS/TermsOfService
       - http://www.zope.org/TOS/Privacy

 - organized ourselves internally and developed some new
   procedures for managing trademark licenses.  You can find
   details online at:

       - http://www.zope.com/Legal/TMProcedures

In addition, we are going to experiment with a few
mechanisms at improving the regularity, predictability and
quality of communication we have with the Zope community.

The first such experiment will be an IRC session as follows:

  - Tuesday, Dec 16, 2003, 11a-12p (US/EST  GMT-5)

    on irc.zope.com
    in #zope-community

Zope reps on the IRC session will include Rob Page, Jim
Fulton, Brian Lloyd, Jens Vagelpohl and Shane Hathaway.  We
hope you can join us!

Agenda for Dec 16, 2003 IRC Session
15 mins:  Zope.org operations
15 mins:  Trademark management