[Zope-Annce] Plone 1.0 Release Candidate 2 available

Alexander Limi limi@plone.org
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:28:25 +0100

Among the wonderful things that have landed:

  - 8 new skins

  - more i18n updates (calendar is now localizable)

  - updated i18n .po files ship (24)

  - lots of bug fixes and usability tweaks

  - some CSS overhaul before the final release (see HISTORY.txt)

Please use the migration tool to upgrade.  If you have used the previous
"unofficial" RC2 you may have to manually intervene.  Ask the mailing
list for more information.  We are trying to have a *short* bug day
this Thursday so we can get 1.0 out early next week.

More good news, we are now in the FreeBSD ports listing (www/plone), and we
are available in Debian GNU/Linux (apt-get plone). We need a RPM package
maintainer for Red Hat Linux (and Mandrake), if there are any volunteers,
contact us. Maintainers of other package formats are of course welcome too.

Get it from our download page:

http://plone.org/download

-- The Plone Team