[Zope-Annce] Re: [ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.1.2 final released

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:21:55 -0400

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:43:35 +0200
 Eric Brun <eric.brun@univ-savoie.fr> wrote:

> I would like to know what is the difference between ZODB
> 3.1.2 and ZODB 3.2b2 because I don't know which one to
> choose.

ZODB 3.1.2 is a maintenance release that fixes a number of
bugs in 3.1.1.  The 3.1.x line is stable and has been used
in production environments for some time.

ZODB 3.2 contains a bunch of new features, primarily ZEO
improvements, but is still in beta and has several open
bugs.  One noteworthy change is the inclusion of ZConfig,
which is used for config files for ZODB and ZEO.  Other
changes include new tools for managing and running daemons,
ZEO authentication, faster ZEO cache verification, and ZEO
transaction timeouts.

If you need to put something in production today, you
should use ZODB 3.1.2.  Otherwise, I'd give 3.2 a try.

Jeremy