[Zope-Annce] DirectoryStorage 1.1 beta 1

Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:30:00 +0000

I am pleased to announce the first beta release version 1.1.

This has been a long time moving from alpha to beta release, so I expect th=
is=20
beta cycle to move quickly. Changes in this release include:

1. Replication! Keep an online backup copy of your storage up to date with =
the=20
latest changes from the master. I am currently running this from cron every=
=20
minute of the day. Like the rest of DirectoryStorage this is designed to be=
=20
robust, safe, and manageable. Replication is efficient - It uses ssh to=20
connect replica to master. If your users have added a 100k file to your=20
storage then replication is only marginally less efficient than using scp t=
o=20
copy a 100k file. Full Documentation is at=20
http://dirstorage.sourceforge.net/replica.html

2. Some tweaks to the packing strategy. This shaves a little time and memory
when packing a typical storage.

3. Support for classes that keep their history longer than normal. This is=
=20
useful if you want to keep all revisions of a class for auditing purposes, =
or=20
because you want to view extra history of a class using a Zope 'history' ta=
b.

4. Support for keeping less information about ancient transactions. This is=
=20
typically a 5% space saving if you dont mind Zope's history tab showing=20
nothing for objects that havent been modified since the last pack.

5. Added read-only mode.

6. This release does not fix any critical bugs. Anyone happy with 1.0.0 nee=
d=20
not feel any pressure to upgrade.

Download here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3D53818&release_id=3D=
149125

Detailed Change Log:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dirstorage/DirectoryStorage/=
doc/changes?rev=3D1.37&content-type=3Dtext/vnd.viewcvs-markup

dirstorage-users@lists.sourceforge.net