[Zope-Annce] Zope 3 sprint at PyCon

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Feb 19 13:41:57 EST 2004

This is an update on the Zope 3 sprint at PyCon.

The sprint will be held March 21-23.

On Sunday, March 21 I will present a hands-on Zope 3 developer's
tutorial.  This tutorial describes how to develop applications for
Zope 3 in Python.  The slides can be found at:

   http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ProgrammerTutorial

Anyone who hasn't worked with Zope 3 before needs to attend
the tutorial.  If you want to learn how to develop for Zope 3 but
don't want to sprint, you are welcomed to attend the tutorial.

As far as tasks goes, I'm pretty flexible.  I'd prefer that people
work on things that need to be done for the first release of  Zope 3,
Zope X3.0:

   http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/doc/TODO.txt?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Of course, this list is likely to change before the sprint. :)

I decided not to start on the 20th because I know that some of the
attendees will be traveling that day.  However, if any experienced
Zope 3 developers want to work on the 20th, I'm open to that.

If you haven't already, please let me know if you are coming,
including which days you will be coming.  Again, if people *just*
want to come for the tutorial, that's fine.

Jim