[Zope-Annce] zope.org maillists - subscriber-only posting policy being favored

Ken Manheimer klm at zope.com
Thu Jul 1 14:57:36 EDT 2004

I instituted a subscriber-only posting policy on the zope at zope.org list at
the end of last week (friday afternoon), and haven't encountered any
problems with it.  In the process we learned that gmail postings are *not*
inhibited (to the contrary, gmail postings circumvent the policy, for
which we'll have to compensate), and that the policy generally works quite
well.

The rejection message on these lists includes hints about why the message
got rejected and how to enable posting from alternate addresses, so
legitimate posters should have recourse if they need it.  However, let me
know if you get stuck with problems.

On tuesday i started to apply the policy to all the applicable lists i
manage, and recommend it for all zope.org lists.

Death to spam.

Ken Manheimer
klm at zope.com

   Comment on SpamBayes (a python-based spam filter) Slashdot site:
     I hate spam just as much as the next person, but I must admit,
     without it I wouldn't be the horse-sized love stud that I am. Thanks
     spam.  -- dprice