[Zope-Annce] ANN: Vancouver Python Workshop - Talk deadline extended

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Tue Jun 15 11:26:25 EDT 2004

What's new?
===========

The deadline for talk submission for the Vancouver Python Workshop has
been extended until June 22nd. This is mainly due to schedule
disruptions caused by the EuroPython conference but also because we are
looking for a more diverse group of speakers i.e. not just Python
luminaries.

So far, we have received many interesting talk submissions, concerning:

o Windows programming in Python
o MacOS X programming in Python
o Python IDE construction
o Zope/Plone (custimization, working with DBs, debugging, etc.)
o Python's future
o Python programming techniques (optimization, constaints,
   blocks and views, etc.)
o Pyrex
o Prothon
o Pygame
o Twisted
o Python in business

Speakers include:

o Guido van Rossum (the creator of Python)
o Paul Everitt (co-founder of Zope Corp)
o David Ascher (author of "Learning Python" & "The Python Cookbook")
o Andy McKay (author of "The Definitive Guide to Plone")
o Kevin Altis (wxPython & PythonCard developer)
o Paul Prescod (core Python developer - XML libraries)
o Trent Mick (core Python developer - logging & 64-bit port)

But we would like more typical Python programmers to submit talks as
well! To submit a talk, see:
http://www.vanpyz.org/conference/registration/submissions.html

For general conference information, see:
http://www.vanpyz.org/conference

The revisted deadline for talk submission is June 22nd.

About the Vancouver Python Workshop
===================================

The conference will begin on July 31st with keynote addresses by Guido
van Rossum (the creator of Python) and Paul Everitt (co-founder of Zope
Corp). Further talks (and tutorials for beginners) will take place on
August 1st and 2nd. The conference will be roughly divided into three
tracks:

   o Python language and applications
   o Content management with Python (esp. Zope and Plone)
   o Python for beginners

More information see: http://www.vanpyz.org/conference/
or contact Brian Quinlan at: brian at sweetapp.com

Vancouver
=========

In addition to the opportunity to learn and socialize with fellow
Pythonistas, the Vancouver Python Workshop also gives visitors the
opportunity to visit one of the most extraordinary cities in the world
(1). For more information about traveling to Vancouver, see:

http://www.vanpyz.org/conference/travel.html
http://www.tourismvancouver.com

Important dates

Talk submissions: until June 22nd
Attendee registration: June 4th to June 30th
Late registration: from July 1st
Keynotes, preconference sprints & tutorials: July 31st
Conference and tutorial dates: August 1st and 2nd

(1) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2299119.stm
    http://www.mercerhr.com/pressrelease/details.jhtml?idContent=1128760

Cheers,
Brian