[Zope-Annce] Plone Foundation Created

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Fri May 21 14:39:57 EDT 2004

The Plone Community announces the formation of the Plone Foundation, a
not-for-profit organization that will benefit the Plone community and
Plone product.

After months of planning and hard work, members of the organizing group
are pleased to announce the Plone Foundation.

This is a foundation that will benefit our community in many ways:

- Marketing and evangelization of Plone

- Development support

- Legal support

The Plone Foundation is modeled after similar successful ventures in the
Open Source world, such as the Apache Software Foundation. It will own the
copyrights and trademarks for Plone, and its mission is to **Protect and
Promote Plone**.

The Plone Team is delighted to see this organization being established,
and we encourage you to find out more about the Foundation, and how it
will help you as a Plone user/developer, and how you can support the
Foundation.

For more information:

- Visit the Plone Foundation web site:
   http://plone.org/foundation

- Read the Plone Foundation formation press release
   http://plone.org/foundation/about/pr/formation

On behalf of the Plone Team and the Plone Foundation,

  Alexander Limi    ·     Chief Architect     ·    Plone Solutions

  Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com