[Zope-Annce] ZODB 3.3 final released

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Wed Oct 6 14:53:46 EDT 2004

I'm pleased to announce the release of ZODB 3.3 final.  This corresponds to
the ZODB (and ZEO) in ZopeX3-3.0.0 release candidate 2.

You can download a source tarball or Windows installer from:

    http://zope.org/Products/ZODB3.3

Since 3.3c1, some small fixes were made on code paths unique to Zope 2.8
usage (code not used by Zope X3, Zope 3, or by ZODB itself).  And thanks to
a 1-character change noted by Andreas Jung, the sizes of network messages
exchanged between ZEO clients and servers are smaller now, up to a factor of
4 improvement in extreme cases.  See the news file for details:

    http://zope.org/Products/ZODB3.3/NEWS.html

Note that ZODB 3.3 does not support any version of Zope 2.6 or 2.7.  ZODB
3.3 does support Zope X3 and 3, and current Zope 2.8 trunk development.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank Jeremy Hylton for his hard work on
ZODB 3.3.  He left before it was finished, but it wouldn't have even started
without him.  Thanks, Jeremy!