[Zope-Annce] Five tutorial for Plone Developers now online

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Oct 22 23:40:31 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I'm happy to announce that a prose version of the Five for Plone
Developers tutorial is now available through the Appetizers section of
http://worldcookery.com.  The text is based on a 90 minute tutorial I
gave at this year's Plone Conference in Vienna and introduces Five and
the Zope 3 concepts in five easy steps.

Although Plone-focused, this tutorial can also serve as a good
starter document for other Zope 2 developers who want to dive into
Five and Zope 3.  The actual code used in the examples is not very
Plone-specific.  In fact, throughout the five steps the example code
is actually abstracted more and more according to Zope 3 paradigms, so
that the result is a Zope 2 product designed to work with other
systems than Plone.

I would like to thank all the attendees of my talk at the Plone
Conference, especially Martin Aspelli.  Their positive feedback and
Martin's nagging made me consider padding out the slides to a full
tutorial.  If you have any suggestions or other feedback regarding the
tutorial, feel free to contact me.

Philipp