[Zope-Annce] Announcing the Apogee project: rich client for ECM applications

Stefane Fermigier sf at nuxeo.com
Tue Feb 21 12:28:37 EST 2006

I'm pleased to announce the Apogee project.

Apogee aims at building an content management and collaboration rich
client on top of the Eclipse RCP, by providing all the services needed:

- content creation, management and consumption, including search,
classification, workflow, etc.
- synchronisation for off-line work
- groupware, including e-mail, instant messaging and calendaring

It is based on open standard, including W3C XML Schemas, XForms, XMPP,
RDF...

Obviously this will be a Java application. How is it related to Zope then?

1. We will implement it first on projects based on CPS (but we also aim
at making it independent of the ECM platform used on the server).

2. It is a byproduct of two projects we started last year for providing
rich client applications on top of CPS (for AFP - Agence France-Presse,
and for the French institute of statutory auditors).

You will find more information on the Eclipse technical proposal:

  http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/apogee/

or on the dedicated web site for the project:

  http://apogee.nuxeo.org/

The source code for the project, is available in our Subversion repository:

  http://svn.nuxeo.org/trac/pub/browser/Apogee/src/trunk/

as well as the initial technical documentation:

  http://svn.nuxeo.org/trac/pub/browser/Apogee/doc/

If you are interested in this project, you may contact me directly
(sf at nuxeo.com) or join the mailing list

Stéfane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server: http://www.nuxeo.com/cps
Gestion de contenu web / portail collaboratif / groupware / open source!