[Zope-Annce] NOTICE: zope.org server move

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Jun 11 02:22:18 EDT 2008

The zope.org-related servers and services maintained by Zope
Corporation will be moving to a new home late Thursday night Eastern
Standard Time.

What services are affected?
---------------------------

The most important service addresses include...

  - www.zope.org
  - svn.zope.org
  - cvs.zope.org
  - mail.zope.org and lists.zope.org

How long will the outage last?
----------------------------

The servers will be moved physically to a new hosting provider. There
will be an outage of about 2 hours for the physical move, as well as
an outage while the new DNS information for these services propagate
throughout the internet. Service may be spotty for several hours past
the 2 hour physical move window. Work is slated to start at about
11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (04:00 GMT, 05:00 CEST).

How does this affect me?
------------------------

If you are doing development on software stored on svn.zope.org, or if
you want to surf www.zope.org or use the egg repository on zope.org
you will see an outage lasting at least 2 hours. Please refrain from
checking in software changes during this period and wait until the
service addresses resolve normally. Mail to or from the Zope mailing
lists will be interrupted until the physical move has been completed
and the DNS record changes have propagated to your ISP.

The Zope Corporation sysadmin team will handle the move, if you have
any questions please contact me directly and I will clear up any
issues with them.

jens