[Zope-PTK] ZTopic scenario

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:31:48 -0500 (CDT)

Hey everyone,

Here's how I'm envisioning Topics working on my site. Please let me know if
I'm way off base here.

As I've described previously, the site I'm working on is for the school
district where I teach. Like nearly all school districts we are a collection
of individual buildings, departments, and classrooms.

My goal is to create one central Web site for the entire school district
that would be the place that first-time visitors and unauthenticated
members see. Once a user authenticates or joins the site, they could
customize the site for their particular needs. What's the single most
important way of organizing? By school, of course. I want the site to be
instantly filtered for a particular school when a student of staff member
from that school logs in. That's the key to the whole thing as far as I'm
concerned.

No more individual sites for each school. (It just looks like
it.) Information of interest to the entire district can be added to the site
once and be made visible on all of the filtered school pages. I imagine
having a topic for each building, department and classroom which would
greatly facilitate the customized presentation of the site's content on a
per-user basis.

Am I in the ballpark here? (What's with the baseball metaphors?? :-) I don't
really want to step up to the plate and strike out on this. (Couldn't
resist.)

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/