[Zope-PTK] New news class?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:02:05 -0600

Kusper Krisztian wrote:

> Hi!
>
> So, i know that I'm totally lamer:-), but i have to ask the question:
> How can I create a new type of News Item, which has (for exampe) the
> oppurtunity to have picture in the description? I think it can be solved
> by table with place for the news and the picture, but it is a little bit
> complicated...

Well, i took a rather lamish way myself.

I Created one I called 'Meeting Announcement'

I copied Document.py to MeetingAnnouncement.py, copied newsitem.gif to
meetingannouncement.gif, document.dtml to meetinganouncement.dtml. The I
modified the dtml, change all references in Document.py  ( NewsItem
->MeetingAnnoucement , News Item -> Meeting Announcement, nesitem ->
meetingannoucement), then created the wizard.

So basically, you could follow the same pattern, and an image attribute,
reference the image in the dtml, and make sure to include an upload
phase in the wizard.

Well, that should give you some ideas. :)

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.