[Zope-PTK] PTK-based Discussions?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:10:33 -0600

Alexander Schonfeld wrote:

> > I've been reading the PTK archives, and was extremely happy to discover
> > that the PTK now allows objects that are 'discussable'. According to
> > what I read, this feature should be available in the CVS version of the
> > PTK, but after downloading the new PTK from CVS, I can't find a way to
> > create discussions using the Demo Portal. Is it just missing an
> > appropriate wizard, or has my install gone wrong, or what?
>
> Since each object is discussable:
>         1. Create a user
>         2. At left go to "My Stuff"
>         3. Click on index_html for example
>         4. At left you see a "Reply" and "View thread", those are your options...
> :)
>
> Once you start "Reply"ing to objects it stores the messages in a
> "Correspondence" folder in your home folder.  So each reply is
> associated with the person who wrote it I guess.

Yup, that works here.

One problem:
When clicking on 'view thread', I see a all teh replies of that member
in a tree menu. It gets better. If I expand it, I am treated to a repeat
of what I saw. Repeat ad nauseum.

I'll see if I can glance around and figure out what is going on here.

Bill

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.