[Zope-PTK] Vote: rename toolbox?

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Sat, 05 Aug 2000 16:01:57 -0400

PTK gurus,

There's a name clash now between "Portal Toolkit", "tool" (those new
tool objects we've been talking about), and "toolbox" (the list of
actions a user can perform in a given context.)

Portal Toolkit will soon consist of a set of "tools".  This is quite
logical and I think the name should stay.  But the "toolbox" could be
called simply "actions".  Instead of the portal_toolbox tool, we'll
have the portal_actions tool.  The default actions will be configurable
just by visiting the portal_actions object in the management interface.

Reply "+1" if you agree to rename "toolbox" to "actions".  PTK will no
longer make any mention of a "toolbox".
Reply "-1" if you disagree.  (Keep in mind that toolbox and toolkit
could translate to the same word in some languages--ouch!)

The problem became apparent when I created the "ToolboxTool" class:
it's a portal tool that lists all toolbox actions, rather than the
intuitive meaning of a tool that goes in a toolbox.  Ugh.

Shane