[Zope-PTK] Singletons

Kapil Thangavelu kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:02:08 -0700

I was developing a python Product a python Product which basically acts
like a Singleton object on a site to provide content. Content is stored
within the Singleton. If content is referenced elsewhere on the site how
do I find the Singleton? I'd like to access the Singleton Properties to
configure the Content. Hardcoding is worthless if the Singleton moves.

example

Root-
	Folder1-
		DiscussionObject
			-Discussion Items (Many)

	Folder2-
		Document
			reference to DiscussionItem

if i allow access to Content only through Singleton accessor methods is
the correct acquisition order preserved such that the Singleton is still
in the acquisition context of Content?

I thought this was the appropiate list since PTKII Arch seems to
oriented around Singleton Objects.

Any help appreciated

Kapil