[Zope-PTK] Import of DemoPortal.zexp doesn't work..

BC-Randy BC-Randy" <randy@bodycount.de
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 01:55:36 +0200

Hiyas,

I'm running into trouble here. I installed the newest Zope Version (Zope
2.2.1 beta 1 ) and downloaded the newest PTK version (ZopePTK 0.8.1 ).
Evering works fine except the import of the "DemoPortal.zexp". After having
clicked on "Import" it says the following:

Error Type: Permission mapping error
Error Value: Attempted to map a permission to a permission, Add Portals,
that is not valid. This should never happen. (Waaa).

----

Troubleshooting Suggestions

  a.. The URL may be incorrect.
  b.. The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
  c.. A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML
source for this page.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your
patience

I followed the instructions of an included readme.txt file (in the PTKDemo
folder). it contains the following:

This is a demonstration Portal implementation using the PTK.  To use this
demo portal:

  1) The PTK requires Zope 2.1.3 or higher.

  2) Make sure that 'PTKBase' is in the 'lib/python/Products' area of
  your Zope installation.

  3) Make sure that 'PTKDemo' is also in the 'lib/python/Products'
  area of your Zope installation.

  4) Copy 'DemoPortal.zexp' to the 'import' directory in the top of
  your Zope installation.  Zope does not have this directory by
  default, so you might need to create 'import'.

  5) If 'PTKBase' and 'PTKDemo' weren't in your 'lib/python/Products'
  when you last started your Zope site, restart your Zope site.

  6) Log into your Zope site, click on 'Control Panel' in the top
  folder, then click on 'Product Management'.

  7) You should see 'PTKBase' and 'PTKDemo' listed.  If either
  indicate that they are "broken products", click on them then click
  on the 'Traceback' tab to find out why.

  8) From the 'Product Management' area in 'Control Panel', click on
  the 'Export' button near the bottom.  Supply 'DemoPortal.zexp' as
  the import file, then click 'Import'.

  9) Restart your Zope process.

You will now have a 'Portal' option in the add list for your folders.

Everything works fine untill I start with point 8 :-( What's wrong with it?

Any help wouldbe appreciated,

thanks...Dierk