[Zope-PTK] Hooks

Fabio Forno sciasbat@inorbit.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 00:05:53 +0200

I've just realized that in the new architecture there're no more hook
methods that are called when some portal contents or their review state
change. Is there a reason for this? Almost the same behaviour seems
reachable overriding the changeStateFor method, but I was preferring the
former solutions as it allowed to keep my additions and policies
separated from the standard portal distribution.

Finally an advise request: which is the better way to extend the PTK and
beeing able to keep synchronized with the PTK development? Is a good
solution to make a new product and derive a ZClass from the Portal
ZClass, adding there all personal changes and additions?

ByE,
FF