[Zope-PTK] Hooks

Fabio Forno sciasbat@inorbit.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:17:19 +0200

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> In my not very deep PTK experience, there was never a way to add hooks
> without subclassing.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> 4) Make these tools into ObjectManagers.  Then you could hook anything
> you want just by adding methods to the tools.

yeah, this was my idea: if you leave in the tool class an empty method
which is an hook, when you add a method with the same name to its
instance, you should override it, isn' it?  This could be a good way to
quickly add functionality to a portal object without having to  worry a
lot of the low level changes.

> 5) Make use of the observer pattern that was recently added.
> Unfortunately, I don't know where it is.

Neither I

ByE,
FF