[Zope-PTK] PortalMembership

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:03:01 -0600

Fabio Forno wrote:

> Is there a way to add the PortalMembership Product to the PTK? I've
> tried, I think, almost all combination. PTK wants the MembershipZ
> product to be installed with the experimental LoginManager, but I
> haven't found any solution to have both membershipZ and PortalMembership
> installed without any conflicts.

MembershipZ has been ousted. Reasoning why is in the Wiki (see below).
PortalMembership is the basic twin of membershipZ. The PTK should have the reliance on membershipZ removed.

Ideally, I'd like to see the wizard offer LoginManager if available, Basic, and Membership if availbale as options.
Perhaps some method if discovering what authorization products are available (though I imagine the above list pretty
much rounds it out) could be usefull in filling out the list.

> Moreover the PoortalMemberhip methods have different names from the
> correspondig PTK ones and so I believe that they must be renamed
> manually once installed.
>
> Is there anybody who has succeeded in installing it into a Portal?

While it was originally part of the PTK, it was taken out by tazzz, and now maintained by yours truly. There is
currently no support for using it in the PTK, as it is still in development. Further details can be found from the Wiki
for it at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/Bill/MembershipProductWiki/FrontPage

I am waiting until the dust settles on the new PTK before looking at integrating them myself, but patches are welcome.
:)

Bill

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.