[Zope-PTK] Sizing questions

Lucas Hofman lucas.hofman@oslo.pgs.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:19:36 +0200

This message is cross-posted to both the zope and the PTK mailing lists.
The restrictions I hope to hear about might be in both products.

1. The ZODB database we are using has passed 500 MB in Size (Yes, it is
packed). It is about 50/50 populated with small news items and files of
1-4Mb in size. I expect it to pass 1 GB in 6-12 months. At present
response is very good, both in retrieving items and in accessing the
catalog. Does anyone has experience with much larger databases? Are
there any build in limits that I should take into account.

2. The portal user administrion is based on a ACL-users folder. 70 users
at present, expected to reach 500-1000 after we disallow anonymous
viewing. Will that still work?

Regards, Lucas
--
Lucas Hofman
PGS Seres                                        tel: +47 67514059