[Zope-PTK] Can't install PTK

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:06:01 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Milos Prudek wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
> > Please *all* PTK product directories from your lib/python/Products
> > (PTKBase, PTKDemo, ZCallable, DemoPortal, Wizard);  then unpack
>
> I tried to follow your advice. I deleted all the above directories from
> lib/python/Products, while Zope was not running. I started Zope.
> Still, all these products (except Wizard) appear in Control
> Panel/Products. I deleted them from there.
>
> I copied PTKBase, PTKDemo, ZCallable to lib/python/Products and
> restarted Zope, and symlinked Wizard.zexp and DemoPortal.zexp to the
> import directory.
>
> Then I tried to import Wizard.zexp (Control Panel/Products/Import)
>
> I got this error: Error Type: Duplicate Class Ids, Error Value: None
>
> Well, how can Zope have duplicate class id, if no Wizard appears in
> Control Panel/Products?
>
> I packed the Zope database. I stopped Zope, and started it again, and
> tried to import Wizard.zexp again. No luck, still the same error about
> duplicate class IDs.

OK, I've entered a Tracker issue about this, including a tarball
which I have used to fix the problem in a hosed Data.fs of mine:

   http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker/143

Please try the workaround, and let me know if it resolves your
immediate problem.  The longer-term fix interacts with several
ZClass issues, and will likely be addressed later in the Zope 2.3
release cycle.