[Zope-PTK] join_form modification

Geoff Armstrong geofstro@monaco.mc
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:52:49 +0100

Hi,

I've been trying to modify the join_form dtml method within my portal
to have an ordinary zope folder created inside the new members portal
folder.

Is there a way to reference this new members portal folder within the
join_form, or am I going about this the wrong way?

I'm new to PTK and DTML, so please bear with me. I tried a search in
the archives before posting this.

Here's the code I've attempted to add to the join_form...

<dtml-with Members>
   <dtml-with ????>
     <dtml-call "manage_addFolder(id='plain', title='Plain zope folder')">
   </dtml-with>
</dtml-with>

I'm hoping I can replace the ???? in the second dtml-with, with some
reference to the folder for the member who's being created. Perhaps
it's too soon, since zope/PTK won't know about the member's folder
until the method completes?

Obviously I can replace the questions marks with the name of an
existing members folder and the plain folder gets created inside that
without a problem.

If I succeed in creating this normal zope folder in the newly created
members folder, I then want to copy some items into it, so any help
on automating that will also be appreciated.

I'd be happy to modify the PTK Python code if that's a better approach.

Thanks

Geoff Armstrong

<geofstro@monaco.mc>