[Zope-PTK] Member Publishing

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:54:03 -0500

At 12:45 PM 12/14/00 -0200, Renato De Giovanni wrote:

>Maybe we can have transition tables in both places? I like the possibility
to have
>the whole picture of a workflow in only one interface (if we can't have those
>beautiful graphic representations with circles and arrows, let us keep at
least the
>"global view").

Actually, if you want to do a graphical view, there's always Graphviz:

http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/

Graphviz tools can process a text description of graph nodes and edges, and
output nicely formatted graphs, notably as .gif or .png, and even imagemaps.

Interestingly, the way I found out about this software (just yesterday) is
that the workflow module in ACS 4.0 uses it to create workflow
visualizations.  Perhaps someone will create a "Graphviz Method" object
that uses DTML to generate the text description, and then runs it through
the processor, preferably with some kind of caching support ala SQL methods.