[Zope-PTK] Question about Login Manager

Clarence T. Pate ctpate@uronramp.net
Sun, 06 Feb 2000 19:08:36 -0600

You guys are way over my head with the UUF and user source stuff.  I
have not reached the point of attaining zope zen yet.

I believe that you are talking about setting up the User Manager in a
way that I will need for my application.  I have started playing around
with trying to use certificates for authentication (not there yet). I am
using Apache/mod_ssl with pcgi/rewite to get to zope.

What I need to be able to do:

1. get the user certificate info (specifically employeeid from a field
in the certificate) using Apache/mod_ssl or using M2Crypto supplied
functions

2. using employeeid get info from an ldap directory which would give me
some of the user's permissions, userid and etc.

3. log an entry in database showing the user is logged in (maybe
something like SQL Session)

4. present the user with a default web page and some options similar to
the Toolbox. My items would be something like request SecurID, approve
request for SecurID, manage/delegate approval authority.  Anonymous
users would only have the option to request a SecurID.

5. more undetermined stuff...

I would love to help if I could reach a level of understanding this
stuff.

Clarence T. Pate