[Zope-PTK] Yet another install failure for DemoPortal

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 12:25:35 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Jim Cain wrote:

> All,
>
> When I attempt to import DemoPortal.zexp, I get the following error:
>
> Error Type: ImportError
> Error Value: No module named ZopeOrg.PortalContent
>
> I'm wondering if this has something to do with an old ZopeOrg product that
> is left over from my previous attempt at installing the packaged version
> of PTK.

    Quite probably.  I had the same problem when trying to convert a
ZClass to use a class I had moved to a different package.  If the old
package was visible, it would always use that one regardless of which I
had selected in the ZClass add form.  I had no end of headaches getting it
to behave.

> I cannot delete this package however. This is the error I get:

    Such as this one.

> Error Type: SystemError
> Error Value: Failed to import class _ZClass_for_ZopeOrgPortalBase from
> module Products.PTKBase
>
> Any suggestions?

    The easiest thing to do (depending on your circumstances) is to start
with a fresh database.  You can just delete/rename your var/Data.fs file,
and it will generate a virgin database.  Let me know if that's not a
feasable solution, I'll see if I can figure out how to trick it.

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228