[Zope-PTK] Yet another install failure for DemoPortal

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:43:52 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Jim Cain wrote:

> I imported the DemoPortal and began to create a portal in my top-level
> folder. On step 3 of the wizard, after clicking "Finish," I get the
> following error:
>
> Error Type: TypeError
> Error Value: not enough arguments; expected 6, got 3

>   File /usr/local/src/Zope/lib/python/Products/PTKDemo/Portal.py, line 56, in install
>     (Object: DemoPortalBase)
> TypeError: (see above)
>
> I'm getting closer, a little at a time. :-)

    Hmm.  In Portal.py (rev 1.31), this is the line:

        catalog.manage_addIndex('review_state', 'FieldIndex')

    This is the first line that an index is added.  Some people reported
that ZCatalog doesn't even have a manage_addIndex method in their version,
so I have changed this to add indexes and columns differently.  The change
was made yesterday sometime.  I can't imagine why it would be expecting 6
parameters in any case.

    Try updating to the latest version (run 'cvs up' in each of PTKBase
and PTKDemo) and trying again.  Let me know!

Thanks!
Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228