[Zope-PTK] SQLMembers Based Portal Q

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:12:57 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Bill Anderson wrote:

> When trying to make an SQL Members based portal, it always fails on the
> last step, where it creates the initial adminstrator; apparently trying
> to acess things that don't exist I looked in the docs, but see nothing
> about whether I need to set up the table in the db myself, or if the
> wizard will set up the table for me? If the former, what is it looking
> for?

    I'm not actually going to suppose this SQL implementation, since
Membership is going to be reworked (later today?) to use the LoginManager
product from Phillip Eby and Ty Sarna.

    But, here's some hints.  You need to set up two tabels, one called
'users' and one called 'propertysheets'.  'users' four columns,
'username', 'password', 'domains' and 'roles'.  'propertysheets' has four
columns, 'username', 'propertysheet', 'property' and 'value'.  If
possible, 'user' should be indexed in the first, and everything but
'value' in the second.

    I'm glad to hear you at least got as far as you did.  I haven't
touched the SQL stuff in about a billion years!

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228