[Zope-PTK] DISCUSS: What we want from reviewing

Mike Pelletier mike@metamike.net
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:09:21 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Paul Everitt wrote:

> 	  member authors a piece of content, the content isn't part of
> 	  the "public site".  When a member requests that a piece of
> 	  content get reviewed and the content is approved, it
> 	  becomes part of the "public site".</para>

    Let's call the process of requesting and receiving a review
'publishing'.  I think joe user will more easilly grasp publishing an
object that they have created as opposed to cataloging one.  The action
will be 'Publish this object', which will take you to a form with the
object's history and current state, with buttons for request, withdraw
request, approve, reject, and revoke as appropreate to your roles and the
object's state.

    As I've got it set up so far, an object has three possible
review_states, 'private', 'pending' and 'published'.  The state is changed
by going through a method which records the time, who changed the state,
what action they took to do so (ie request, approve, reject), any comments
that accompanied the change and the new review_state value.  There's no
interface to view it yet, but it's coming.

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228