[Zope-PTK] DISCUSS: Searching based on role

Mike Pelletier mike@metamike.net
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:33:48 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Paul Everitt wrote:

> Nope, you're right.  Really I'm looking to let the portal owner have
> some policies rather than putting this power in the member's hands.
>
> This really can be a powerful, powerful feature of our indexing
> feature.  Essentially, different people have different permissions
> during searching.  With all other search engines the content is either
> in the index and available to everyone that searches, or it isn't in the

    Alright, now I'm going to quibble about some details.  The indexed
method could return the names of permissions rather than roles.  If we use
permissions, we can assign policies to roles via the catalog's Security
view.  So, Managers may have the permissions 'View private content' and
'View pending content' while Reviewers may have only 'View pending
content'.

    Yeah, that's what I'm going to try to do.  Thanks!  ;-)

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228