[Zope-PTK] setting up PTK 0.3

Mike Pelletier mike@metamike.net
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:18:22 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 davidbro@namshub.org wrote:

> I downloaded the development version of the PTK, and did what I
> normally do with downloaded products -- I untarred it in my Zope
> directory, and restated Zope.  I now have a product called "PTKBase"
> in my products list, and the icon indicates that it is NOT broken.
> I'm trying to follow the PTK documentation, but there is not "Portal"
> object in the available objects menu.
>
> Is there something else I need to do?

    There are installation instructions, though they are somewhat
terse.  Please see:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/install

    This is available as a link off:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK

    Briefly, you have not imported the ZClasses yet.  Do the step about
copying and importing the 'ZopeOrg.zexp' file into your Products folder.

> dave (really wanting to play with the PTK and provide some sort of
> input)

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228