[Zope-PTK] Properties for Member objects

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:38:28 -0500

Hi,

    I just browsed through the files in the current PTK pre-early-alpha
distribution. It appears that the intent is to provide propertysheets for
Member objects (I'm specifically talking about ZODB members, I didn't really
look at SQL members). It also appears that this capability is currently
turned off (and the documentation mentions something about that). Is it
going to be non-trivial to get propertysheets going, or is it just an issue
of someone getting the time to work up the user interface for them?

    When considering properties for Members, there will be some properties
that Members can view/change (like Preferences), and other properties that
they should probably not even be able to view. My thought on handling this
is that we'd probably deal with it the same way we do for ZClass
instances... If you don't want someone to view a property, don't provide a
DTML Method that they can use to view it. If you want someone to be able to
view/change their prefs, provide a DTML Method to view them, and a save
method that has a proxy role to save the changes. Does this sound correct?

Kevin